Interesting activities for kids in Colours of life: common story written by children
Title: Colours of life: common story written by children
Educational stage: Second cycle in Infant Education
This project, where initially several infant schools from different countries were involved, including Spain, has been mainly developed by a school in Poland and another one in Malta. The objective is to develop the syllabus in this stage based on colour as the common element. Greens, browns, oranges, reds, whites, yellows… appear in the environment, the seasons, food, games, art, etc.
Visualising the objects made by the children is like visiting a kids' craftshop where artists enjoy transforming and modelling all kinds of materials: cards, plasticine, fruit, food, dry leafs, costumes, tights, music, postcards, paint, etc. The results are some very creative products of an outstanding visual quality, which have really motivated the youngest ones. This is added to the sending of postcards which, even if it is quite a common activity at this stage, it causes great enthusiasm amongst kids.
The childrens' ages has not become an obstacle to make a varied use of ICT tools: video, Voki, Powerpoint, Google Earth, Elluminate, etc. Thanks to these resources, students from different schools have exchanged and shown their work, have communicated through videoconference and have carried out collaborative work: with the Sketchfu tool, they have created a story based on drawings where all students from all schools and countries have contributed with their ideas. Here it is:
Some carefully planned work, a wiki organised into themes and the symbiosis amongst the project coordinators have made this work a usage manual in the Infant classroom, which was awarded in the 4-12 age category at the European eTwinning Awards 2010.
Public TwinSpace (former TwinSpace platform)
- Maths and Earth, the use of Maths in real life
- Visit the European cultural heritage with Like a bird
- TRIANGLE, the perception of water in the Iberian Peninsula
- Uniting through legends and the creation of collaborative stories
- Schoolovision 2009, the school Eurovision song contest
- Look at the application of Physics and Chemistry with Magic but real experiments
- End stereotypes "Sous le ciel de la compréhension"
- LED – Learning and Teaching Furniture Design in Europe, a modern collection of furniture
- Interesting activities for kids in Colours of life: common story written by children
- Creative Commons, innovative teaching of the digital licence
- Double-e: e-magazine on European issues, the most European digital magazine
- Searching Twelve Labors to Hercules, a creative example of interdisciplinary teaching
- Discover the art of language with CommunicArt
- Learn about all the current European news with Into news!
- Trade and logistics between countries of the European Union, a simulation methodology
- Promotion of children's art, Grandi quadri e piccoli pittori, Great pictures, little artists
- Saving the planet based on 50 easy things you can do to save the Earth