Uniting through legends and the creation of collaborative stories
Title: Uniting through legends
Educational stage: Third cycle in Primary Education
Students from seven schools in Greece, Portugal, Spain (CEIP Ramon Macip - Dolors Granés), Romania, Poland and Italy have developed this project in order to get to know, understand and respect other cultures, as well as practice and improve their English.
The initial tasks have focused on making partner students present their surroundings, the schools, the city and the country, which has allowed them to see and learn about their similarities and differences.
The main and most creative task includes some activities on legends and myths in the countries involved: the Barcelos cock, Saint George, Daedalus and Icarus, King Midas and many more. In each story, three groups from different countries participated: one wrote the text, the other one drew the pictures and the third one inserted the music. As we open Twinspace, unlike with Pandora's Box, we can see wonderful pictures where children show their inspiration and fantasy. Quite easily, they have managed to bring and share with their partners their cultural diversity and promote a feeling of belonging to a common space: Europe.
Thanks to the interest aroused by the legends amongst the Spanish students, they have gone even further and have prepared some drama representations in order to share their experience with the rest of the Educational Community.
Lastly, it must be mentioned that the number of partners was never an obstacle to achieve an excellent work organisation in the TwinSpace, which - together with the great coordination established - has allowed to reach the objectives set.
The arrival of Uniting through legends as a runner-up in the Summons for the European eTwinning Awards 2010 is an acknowledgement to the quality of this work.
Public TwinSpace (former TwinSpace platform)
- Maths and Earth, the use of Maths in real life
- Visit the European cultural heritage with Like a bird
- TRIANGLE, the perception of water in the Iberian Peninsula
- Uniting through legends and the creation of collaborative stories
- Schoolovision 2009, the school Eurovision song contest
- Look at the application of Physics and Chemistry with Magic but real experiments
- End stereotypes "Sous le ciel de la compréhension"
- LED – Learning and Teaching Furniture Design in Europe, a modern collection of furniture
- Interesting activities for kids in Colours of life: common story written by children
- Creative Commons, innovative teaching of the digital licence
- Double-e: e-magazine on European issues, the most European digital magazine
- Searching Twelve Labors to Hercules, a creative example of interdisciplinary teaching
- Discover the art of language with CommunicArt
- Learn about all the current European news with Into news!
- Trade and logistics between countries of the European Union, a simulation methodology
- Promotion of children's art, Grandi quadri e piccoli pittori, Great pictures, little artists
- Saving the planet based on 50 easy things you can do to save the Earth