LED – Learning and Teaching Furniture Design in Europe, a modern collection of furniture
Title: LED – Learning and Teaching Furniture Design in Europe
Educational stage: Vocational training
Subject: Economics, ICT and IT, Foreign languages, Art, Design and Technology, European studies.
The LED: Learning and Teaching Furniture Design in Europe project is part of a Comenius school association between the Marcel-Breuer-Schule Berlin school (Germany), the Stredná odborná škola drevárska school (Slovakia), the Kaesz Gyula Faipari Szakközépiskola és Szakiskola school (Hungary) and a special collaborator from Turkey.
Students have worked following a common timeline, starting off from the history of furniture design in the participating countries. The analysis and application of the statement “form follows function and this requires a structure” and the presentation of the drafts has led to a rich, colourful and modern collection of works: ergonomic and decorative furniture, pictures, sculptures, reliefs, paintings, etc.
This association has enriched the works with some very tasty ingredients: collaborative work, fluent communication amongst partners, a mixed social programme, visits and the insite enjoyment of the typical designs in the participating regions, where they have noticed, analysed and compared the typical elements in each one in order to achieve a European understanding of design and culture.
Information and communication technologies have been the tools used to store information, to communicate (Skype, email, videoletters), to learn in virtual surroundings, to assess and to publish.
The promotion of the project in the European, Slovakian and Turkish press has favoured the awarding of various prizes and acknowledgements, such as the Quality Labels for Germany and Slovakia, the European Quality Label and, lastly, the European eTwinning Award 2010 in the 16 to 19 age category.
After seeing it, you will have many more ideas for your future projects.
- Maths and Earth, the use of Maths in real life
- Visit the European cultural heritage with Like a bird
- TRIANGLE, the perception of water in the Iberian Peninsula
- Uniting through legends and the creation of collaborative stories
- Schoolovision 2009, the school Eurovision song contest
- Look at the application of Physics and Chemistry with Magic but real experiments
- End stereotypes "Sous le ciel de la compréhension"
- LED – Learning and Teaching Furniture Design in Europe, a modern collection of furniture
- Interesting activities for kids in Colours of life: common story written by children
- Creative Commons, innovative teaching of the digital licence
- Double-e: e-magazine on European issues, the most European digital magazine
- Searching Twelve Labors to Hercules, a creative example of interdisciplinary teaching
- Discover the art of language with CommunicArt
- Learn about all the current European news with Into news!
- Trade and logistics between countries of the European Union, a simulation methodology
- Promotion of children's art, Grandi quadri e piccoli pittori, Great pictures, little artists
- Saving the planet based on 50 easy things you can do to save the Earth