Don't write it... tell me about it!
In the project “Hello! I’m looking for a friend!” done by the students in the first stage of Primary Education at the CEIP San Juan Bautista school (Madrid), we have noticed an activity that may be reused and adapted to many school projects planned for the study of a foreign language.
Teacher Mar Bermejo has prepared with her students an activity to allow their European partners to get to know them a bit better. Each child drew his/her self-portrait using Paint and recorded an introduction of him/herself. The teacher inserted each audio file in the corresponding drawing, thus creating a beautiful gallery.
Although the use of ICT tools may seem complex, many of them allow us - with minimum difficulty - to work on different skills. In this case, this simple combination of drawing and audio helps us to develop our students' oral competences. Many of them find it challenging to speak in public, and so this type of tool can help the shy ones, those who find it difficult to speak in front of the class. It offers the chance for a thorough evaluation in this skill and it favours self-assessment and self-learning. We can work with more or less complicated tools, in accordance with the educational level, and in Hello! I’m looking for a friend! we can see a good example of this: a simple planning that offers a lot of possibilities.
We hope you find it inspiring. Should you be interested in these tools for the development of oral skills and you are looking for more information, on the educational site Educ@conTIC you will find a good compilation: Tools for oral skills.
- Story Between Pictures
- Mitos de ayer y hoy
- “Personalising” eTwinning
- A sea of cultures: a multilingual eTwinning project in Infant Education.
- Narrating with symbols
- A painted concert in Aranjuez
- 13ª edición del curso eTwinning 2.0: ideas de proyecto
- The great eTwinning art collection
- 12th edition of the eTwinning 2.0 course : project ideas
- More than just Maths
- The making-of of an eTwinning project
- Project ideas from the eTwinning 2.0 course
- Learn by playing
- Collaborative activities for Spanish Language and Social Studies
- Actividades colaborativas para Matemáticas y Ciencias
- Who's on the other side?
- Comics for the classroom
- Mathematics applied to real life
- Design and plan a project collaboratively
- How to use TwinSpace when you are not working with it?